Photo Mechanic Plus > Feature Requests

Reveal in Folder Path

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kirk Baker:
Sorry, but you've got me completely confused now and the picture is making it more confusing?

-Kirk

boltoch:
Hi Kirk

Sorry, perhaps if I come at this from a different angle. Apologies if this function already exists.

If I find some images by Organizer>Browse>IPTC>keywords, let's say for example that it returns a search result of 10 images. How do I locate one of those images on disc without leaving PMP and using Windows Explorer (or Finder) with the "Show in Windows Explorer.."? I may want to see the image in the context of the other images in the same folder/directory and work on them within PMP.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hayo Baan:
Hi Chris,

So, what you really want is something like a “Reveal in Contact Sheet” context menu item (similar to Show in Windows Explorer) which shows the folder(s) in which the selected item(s) are shown. This I understand completely and is something I'd very much like to have myself.

boltoch:
Hi Hayo

Yes, that's the general idea.

- Chris

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Hayo Baan on April 27, 2019, 02:21:50 AM ---So, what you really want is something like a “Reveal in Contact Sheet” context menu item (similar to Show in Windows Explorer) which shows the folder(s) in which the selected item(s) are shown.

--- End quote ---

There would have to be limits to this feature.  If a selection were large, say greater than 10, then opening a large number of tabs could bring PM to its knees.  Even if all of the folders (considering that each image selected could be in a different folder) were opened in a single tab, that could be many thousands of files in a single contact sheet tab.  And if you did a select all (and the results were large) it could be millions of files in a single tab which would very likely hang PM or cause it to crash.

What limits would be acceptable?  Would this feature open up each unique folder in a separate tab, or into a single tab?

I see the value in this request, but it has to be reasonable in operation.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version