Author Topic: Quick search AND (Filter or Browse)  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Einberger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Quick search AND (Filter or Browse)
« on: April 28, 2019, 11:54:17 PM »
I'm not sure if it is a request for a new feature or just a bug:
If I use the quick search for a certain expression ('exp1') I get back 1500 photos. Because it is so much photos, I want to apply a filter just showing the photos ('exp1') from the last year. If I apply the Filter or the Browse Tab, I get back all  the photos from last year, not only the 'exp1' from last year.
I know I could do it vice versa, first applying a filter and then using the quick search, but that does not make sense, because I don't know at what time I took the photos of ('exp1').
So for me it would be really great, if we could join the Quicksearch and the Filter- and/or the Browse tab with an AND.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Quick search AND (Filter or Browse)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:15:49 AM »
In the filter tab, you simply need to add additional filter parts (click the button with the Plus sign on the far right of filter category name, you may need to scroll the filter columns, and/or widen the sidebar). This way you create a multi-part filter with all parts "AND" together. Quite nice :)

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Einberger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:53:10 AM »
In the filter tab, you simply need to add additional filter parts (click the button with the Plus sign on the far right of filter category name, you may need to scroll the filter columns, and/or widen the sidebar). This way you create a multi-part filter with all parts "AND" together. Quite nice :)

Hope this helps,
Hayo
I understand this option, but this is not what I meant. I dont want to look in diffrent single IPTC fields like 'keywords', 'caption', 'city' etc. for an expression. The first search should be connected with OR, and just if there are too many results I want to reduce them by Date or any other expression. It wold be easy to use the quick search first, and then reduce the results if necesary.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 06:40:33 AM »
In due time I'm sure the filter engine will be extended to allow this kind of searches via the GUI. For now, perhaps manually entering the search query works for you? This is not really easy but I think should be able to perform the things you want.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl