Photo Mechanic > Support

Live Slide Show. How do I get it to work

(1/3) > >>

vfnewman:
Ok, I've looked and looked and I can't figure out how to make the new "Live Slide Show" work.  Can anybody get me started?

Thanks

dbrouse:
Just select the folder you want to "watch", as images are added to that folder they will be added to the slideshow.

Does this help?

Delane

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: vfnewman on April 07, 2007, 05:56:27 AM ---Ok, I've looked and looked and I can't figure out how to make the new "Live Slide Show" work.  Can anybody get me started?
--- End quote ---

First, open the Live Slide Show Settings dialog.
Click on the Choose Folder... button to pick the folder you want to monitor for new photos.
Adjust any settings you wish, but the defaults should be fine to start with.

Click on the Start button.

The slide show will start.  Any photos already existing will be shown in the order of their modification time.  As new files appear in the watched folder, they will appear on screen for as long as the minimum time you set in the dialog.

This is useful for tethered operation or for wireless FTP module-equipped cameras.

HTH,

-Kirk

sdick3:
Well I am still a dummy. I can't find any "Live Slide Show Settings" Dialog.
Unless it is something to do with the 10 digit, 12 digit password.
I just upgraded (this last 10 minutes) and got a 10 digit password over the phone.

It also sounds like the image keeps cycling around all the images in the folder rather than just showing the new ones?
I was thinking this would be great for teaching in teathered or FTP mode by showing the most recent image captured and talking about it.
But it might not work if the image rotates back to the earlier captured images.

vfnewman:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on April 07, 2007, 06:30:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: vfnewman on April 07, 2007, 05:56:27 AM ---Ok, I've looked and looked and I can't figure out how to make the new "Live Slide Show" work.  Can anybody get me started?
--- End quote ---

First, open the Live Slide Show Settings dialog.
Click on the Choose Folder... button to pick the folder you want to monitor for new photos.
Adjust any settings you wish, but the defaults should be fine to start with.

Click on the Start button.

The slide show will start.  Any photos already existing will be shown in the order of their modification time.  As new files appear in the watched folder, they will appear on screen for as long as the minimum time you set in the dialog.

This is useful for tethered operation or for wireless FTP module-equipped cameras.

HTH,

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Like the other person that just posted here, I have looked and looked and looked and I can't find anything about the "Live" slide show.  I see the same "Slide show" dialog that has been there for a while.

I'm running XP, but the release notes don't say this feature is OS-specific.

Is this documented in the help file?   I can't find it there either.

TIA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version