Photo Mechanic Plus > Feature Requests

Remember configuration of Filter Tab

(1/2) > >>

bazography:
Currently the filter tab opens with just the star rating displayed. I've never used star ratings, so I will change it to something I use like Keywords, and perhaps add City etc. But after configuring it the way I like it, PM does not remember it, and reverts back to star rating after a relaunch. It would be a time-saver if PM would remember the last-used state, and/or use snapshots to save them.

Hayo Baan:
One more vote for remembering the preferred/last filter selection.

Kirk Baker:
The most that we can do is try to restore the filters from a previous session.  It isn't always possible to succeed at restoring the filters (you could make metadata changes in the interim that makes restoring impossible.)

-Kirk

Hayo Baan:
I think that should suit us. At least the top level should always be selectable/recoverable.

bazography:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on May 15, 2019, 12:51:59 PM ---The most that we can do is try to restore the filters from a previous session.  It isn't always possible to succeed at restoring the filters (you could make metadata changes in the interim that makes restoring impossible.)

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Not sure I understand the answer, so just to be clear, it's just the LAYOUT of the Filter Stages (I think that's what you call them) I'm interested in preserving, not the results of a particular filtered search.
For example, I always change Rating as I never use it, so I might choose IPTC City instead, then click + and choose IPTC Keywords. The next time I open PM it would be nice if it started off with IPTC City and IPTC Keywords in the Filter Tab rather than staring off with Rating and having to change it every time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version