Author Topic: More Search Categories  (Read 2783 times)

Offline JD McDowell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
More Search Categories
« on: June 21, 2019, 03:11:43 PM »
I'd like to be able to search some of the additional XMP fields, namely software. I have the variable available and use it as part of the info tool tip  so I know it works.

I have many older D700, D800 files edited in Capture NX2. Being able to search these makes life much easier. I've tried the variable software in the search field with no results. trying others, such as city, etc., do return results so I expect that I am using it correctly.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: More Search Categories
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 06:29:56 PM »
I'd like to be able to search some of the additional XMP fields, namely software. I have the variable available and use it as part of the info tool tip  so I know it works.

I have many older D700, D800 files edited in Capture NX2. Being able to search these makes life much easier. I've tried the variable software in the search field with no results. trying others, such as city, etc., do return results so I expect that I am using it correctly.

That certainly could be indexed but isn't indexed at this time.  The more pieces of data that are indexed, the longer indexing will take when a catalog is large.  There is always a trade-off.

-Kirk