Author Topic: Organizer - Close ALL BUT this tab in Contact Sheet  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
Organizer - Close ALL BUT this tab in Contact Sheet
« on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »
In PM6+ Organizer, with Reuse Search Tabs unclicked and one Contact Sheet open and two or three Search + Tabs open, right clicking on one of the search Tabs offers several commands, one of which is "Close ALL BUT this tab Ctrl+Shift+W. But in the Contact Sheet Tab there is no such offering, you have to close each Search Tab individually or else use the Ctrl+Shift+W keyboard command.

IMHO it would be a big time saver to offer the "Close All But this tab" in the Contact Sheet window as well.

Thanks.
Warren
Win 10, i7-8086K, 16GB RAM, PM6+ Build 3328 

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: Organizer - Close ALL BUT this tab in Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 01:38:42 AM »
...But in the Contact Sheet Tab there is no such offering, you have to close each Search Tab individually or else use the Ctrl+Shift+W keyboard command.

Win10, PM6+ build 3328: Looks like "Close All But this tab" appears when I right click the currently active/selected tab (the "this" tab), be it a contact sheet or a search result.  Do you want to PM first select the right clicked tab - make it the current tab - and then close all other tabs?  The current functionality where I actually see the sheet I will be left with, makes sense to me.
--
Odd S.

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
Re: Organizer - Close ALL BUT this tab in Contact Sheet
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 06:31:22 AM »
...But in the Contact Sheet Tab there is no such offering, you have to close each Search Tab individually or else use the Ctrl+Shift+W keyboard command.

Win10, PM6+ build 3328: Looks like "Close All But this tab" appears when I right click the currently active/selected tab (the "this" tab), be it a contact sheet or a search result.  Do you want to PM first select the right clicked tab - make it the current tab - and then close all other tabs?  The current functionality where I actually see the sheet I will be left with, makes sense to me.

You are absolutely right, the "Close ALL But this tab" IS available in my current Contact Sheet tab in build 3328. I was wrongly right-clicking on the primary tab and the Close All command was not there. But then found that if I left-clicked on the tab first and then right-clicked on the tab the Close All command was there after all. Thanks for making me aware of this and please disregard my request entirely. Yes the current functionality makes sense to me too and I'm quite happy with the way everything is.

Warren
Win 10, i7-8086K, 16GB RAM, PM6+ Build 3328