Photo Mechanic > Support

Export Hi Res JPEG

(1/1)

Calijoe_76:
Hello,

We are doing a test at work. I am Photo Mechanic to the bone! and I am trying to convince my boss to finally dump Iphoto and use PM for our workflow. He is impressed with the speed of the ingest but we are doing a test. In Iphoto we export JPEGS from Raw and get a file that is 48.6 x 32.4 x 72. When we export the "previews' we get a smaller file which i understand since it is a preview, but is there a way to export a Hi Res JPeg from the Raw file in PM. He has been trying to find something with PM that Iphoto can top...please help!

Joe

Kirk Baker:
Joe,

--- Quote from: Calijoe_76 on April 10, 2007, 09:12:20 AM ---We are doing a test at work. I am Photo Mechanic to the bone! and I am trying to convince my boss to finally dump Iphoto and use PM for our workflow. He is impressed with the speed of the ingest but we are doing a test. In Iphoto we export JPEGS from Raw and get a file that is 48.6 x 32.4 x 72. When we export the "previews' we get a smaller file which i understand since it is a preview, but is there a way to export a Hi Res JPeg from the Raw file in PM. He has been trying to find something with PM that Iphoto can top...please help!
--- End quote ---

Since you're on a Mac, you can use Save As... and make sure that the "Source for RAW+JPEG:" popup reads "Render RAW if possible".  Also since you're going for 72 DPI, make sure you set the Resolution field to 72 pixels per inch.

HTH,

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version