Author Topic: Comparing images side by side  (Read 3025 times)

Offline JCamborde

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Comparing images side by side
« on: September 27, 2019, 12:50:45 PM »
When I want to compare 2 views side by side on the same screen, the background of one is white while the background of the other is black.
For me, it makes the comparaison sensibly more difficult than if the screen background would be of the same colour for the two.
And I would like sometimes to compare not only 2 but 4 or even 6 images side by side (that give enough large images on a 27" screen).

Offline syncrasy

• View Profile
Re: Comparing images side by side
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »
When I want to compare 2 views side by side on the same screen, the background of one is white while the background of the other is black.
For me, it makes the comparaison sensibly more difficult than if the screen background would be of the same colour for the two.

The ability to control background color already exists in PM. Look in Preferences > Preview. You can change the background color for both the selected and un-selected image (make them the same color). I don't know if you can control the color of the frame around the selected image (I assume it's blue for everyone).

And I would like sometimes to compare not only 2 but 4 or even 6 images side by side (that give enough large images on a 27" screen).

+1

I would welcome 3, 4, 5 or 6. By way of comparison, Media Pro allows up to 6 images in its Light Table. I don't use all 6 every day, but I use 6 images often enough that I would miss not having that capability in PM+.
-- Mark

Offline JCamborde

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing images side by side
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 03:15:23 AM »
and thanks syncrasy for the way to control my background colour: it's perfect.