Photo Mechanic Plus > Feature Requests

User-defined list of sidecar files

(1/2) > >>

KeithRJ:
I would like to be able to define a list of sidecar files (extensions) that would be copied/moved/deleted when working with corresponding image files.  A number of programs have their own sidecar files such as .dop used by DxO PhotoLab.

I would also like an option to hide or display sidecar files in contact sheets.

I do not expect PM+ to do anything with the contents of these files (except for .xmp files).

Thanks
Keith

Kirk Baker:
Keith,

--- Quote from: KeithRJ on September 11, 2019, 05:36:00 PM ---I would like to be able to define a list of sidecar files (extensions) that would be copied/moved/deleted when working with corresponding image files.  A number of programs have their own sidecar files such as .dop used by DxO PhotoLab.

I would also like an option to hide or display sidecar files in contact sheets.

I do not expect PM+ to do anything with the contents of these files (except for .xmp files).

--- End quote ---

Besides .DOP which we already optionally support, what else do you need?  It is unlikely that we'll add a generic file association system.

-Kirk

mklass:
lmnr would be helpful.

Does PM already incorporate Capture NX-D sidecars?

Kirk Baker:
Mick,

--- Quote from: mklass on September 12, 2019, 02:50:04 AM ---lmnr would be helpful.

Does PM already incorporate Capture NX-D sidecars?

--- End quote ---

No.  What is the file extension?

-Kirk

Odd Skjaeveland:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on September 12, 2019, 07:46:51 AM ---No.  What is the file extension?

--- End quote ---

Capture NX-D saves image edit parameters and image metadata to a text file with  extension ".nksc" a sub folder "NKS_PARAM" inside the image folder. I haven't looked at one for a long time, but think I concluded they are xml structured text files with some elements containing encoded/packed binary data (edits). A sample file (about 23kB) is attached.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version