Photo Mechanic > Support

Catalina, PM 6 & Headache. Super slow experience

<< < (3/5) > >>

rowellphoto:
Hi Kirk,

They are full resolution fuji x-t3 and x-pro2 raw files being shown as the embedded jpeg from the raw file. the only change for me has been the software (PM), the files have had the same settings and ran quickly in PM5.

I will send the video in private message to you just due to privacy of my clients and their images.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: rowellphoto on October 17, 2019, 10:11:44 AM ---They are full resolution fuji x-t3 and x-pro2 raw files being shown as the embedded jpeg from the raw file. the only change for me has been the software (PM), the files have had the same settings and ran quickly in PM5.

I will send the video in private message to you just due to privacy of my clients and their images.

--- End quote ---

Excellent, thank you.

-Kirk

rowellphoto:
Hi Kirk,

Since making the video for you, having blasted through the photos I think the cache of the images has been created and upon looking at the photos again another time later, it appears to be running quickly even with enlarge photos on now. Is there a pre-cache option or perhaps its not working in the background like it did in pm5?

-Ryan

Kirk Baker:
Ryan,

--- Quote from: rowellphoto on October 17, 2019, 11:07:10 AM ---Since making the video for you, having blasted through the photos I think the cache of the images has been created and upon looking at the photos again another time later, it appears to be running quickly even with enlarge photos on now. Is there a pre-cache option or perhaps its not working in the background like it did in pm5?

--- End quote ---

No. PM6 is far better at generating images in advance of your seeing them than PM5.

Please see my response to your private message.

-Kirk

zhpenn:
Hi Kirk, can you please have a look at my Reply #6, can you see where the problem come from? thanks a lot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version