Author Topic: Tagging & Colour Lag  (Read 8771 times)

Offline MHand7

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Tagging & Colour Lag
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 03:53:22 AM »
I just thought I'd come back to this. It's been a while since I posted and I'm still having the same issues. I've been culling on my iMac as that runs flawlessly but loading PM on my windows surface just seems to hang and stutter. It's odd though because sometimes it's fine so there is defiantly an issue either with something else running at the same time or something rendering in the background for a while.
Task manager says PM power usage is "very high" even when sat idle, is that normal?
Has there been any other issues logged with windows machines like this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 09:06:00 AM »
I just thought I'd come back to this. It's been a while since I posted and I'm still having the same issues. I've been culling on my iMac as that runs flawlessly but loading PM on my windows surface just seems to hang and stutter. It's odd though because sometimes it's fine so there is defiantly an issue either with something else running at the same time or something rendering in the background for a while.
Task manager says PM power usage is "very high" even when sat idle, is that normal?
Has there been any other issues logged with windows machines like this?

If there are images in your contact sheet that have not been rendered, then PM is going to use as much of your system's capabilities as it can in order to perform the work as quickly as possible.  I expect that you may have set PM to use too much memory for its Memory Cache and the system is trying to provide more memory to PM but can't fulfill the requests.  Can I see the Caching tab of your Preferences dialog?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ffeygin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2022, 07:52:27 PM »
Hi,

Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same exact issue as described. Im on a brand new dell xps 15, trying to tag photos on an external SD and its lagging. On the desktop there is no lag.

Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2022, 07:59:30 PM »
Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same exact issue as described. Im on a brand new dell xps 15, trying to tag photos on an external SD and its lagging. On the desktop there is no lag.

No, not to my knowledge.  There was no follow-up reply.  I would ask you for the same information as I asked of the original poster.

-Kirk