Author Topic: Filtering by Keyword in PM6  (Read 4458 times)

Offline dodgeandburn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Filtering by Keyword in PM6
« on: November 28, 2019, 11:55:57 PM »
I'm trying out the demo and I can't for the life of me figure out how to filter the contact sheet based on keyword match similar to how the rating and color filters work. I can find the images by keyword using Find, but this just selects the images and I have to scroll to see them. In some screenshots of PM there is a Quick Search option - which looks like what I might need - but I can't find it.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Filtering by Keyword in PM6
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:52 PM »
I'm trying out the demo and I can't for the life of me figure out how to filter the contact sheet based on keyword match similar to how the rating and color filters work. I can find the images by keyword using Find, but this just selects the images and I have to scroll to see them. In some screenshots of PM there is a Quick Search option - which looks like what I might need - but I can't find it.

Photo Mechanic Plus (currently in beta) has a filter system that includes filtering by keyword.  The screenshots where you saw a Quick Search option were from the Photo Mechanic 5 version and was a macOS-only feature.  It has been removed from Photo Mechanic 6.

There is no keyword filter system in the Photo Mechanic 6 application.

-Kirk

Offline Henry-In-Florida

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Techworks Pro Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 06:00:31 AM »
Photo Mechanic Plus (currently in beta) has a filter system that includes filtering by keyword.  The screenshots where you saw a Quick Search option were from the Photo Mechanic 5 version and was a macOS-only feature.  It has been removed from Photo Mechanic 6.

There is no keyword filter system in the Photo Mechanic 6 application.

-Kirk
Luckily my Photo Processing app (ON1) has that. Removing features people use from a previous version of an app is pretty dangerous though, IMO.
Cameras: Canon 5D MK4, EOS Rebel DS-1
Lenses: EF16-35mm 2.8L USM; EF18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS II USM; EF24-105 f4L IS USM; EF85mm f1.8 USM
CPU: MacBook Pro 2019
Image Processing Apps: Affinity Photo, On1Photo RAW

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 01:07:32 PM »
I will also add that if you press F2 after running 'Find', it does indeed filter to only show the selected items.  That may be helpful in some cases.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline dodgeandburn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 10:48:07 PM »
I will also add that if you press F2 after running 'Find', it does indeed filter to only show the selected items.  That may be helpful in some cases.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!