Photo Mechanic > Support

IPTC problem - copyright notice

(1/2) > >>

jayphotos:
When I used to go from Photo Mechanic to Photoshop, the copyright notice I put on in IPTC pad stayed with the file. I've now put Lightroom in the middle of the workflow and the copyright symbol and notice is missing. Am I needing to do something different in Photo Mechanic?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: jayphotos on April 12, 2007, 10:05:40 AM ---When I used to go from Photo Mechanic to Photoshop, the copyright notice I put on in IPTC pad stayed with the file. I've now put Lightroom in the middle of the workflow and the copyright symbol and notice is missing. Am I needing to do something different in Photo Mechanic?

--- End quote ---

It would help to know the order in which your photos are being processed.  List steps please.

-Kirk

jayphotos:
1. Ingest - this is where I fill out IPTC information
2 edit and copy to a "selects " folder
3. Import into Lightroom
4. Tone
5. Export to Photoshop
6. Finetune toning - this is where I fill in complete caption material - and where copyright status now shows as unknown instead of copyrighted

Thanks,
jay

Kirk Baker:
jay,

--- Quote from: jayphotos on April 12, 2007, 10:31:12 AM ---1. Ingest - this is where I fill out IPTC information
2 edit and copy to a "selects " folder
3. Import into Lightroom
4. Tone
5. Export to Photoshop
6. Finetune toning - this is where I fill in complete caption material - and where copyright status now shows as unknown instead of copyrighted
--- End quote ---

If at step 2.5 you were to load the images into Photoshop, would the copyright status show up?

What does you IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog look like?  Post a screenshot if you like.

-Kirk

jayphotos:
Kirk - if I go to Photoshop at step 2.5 the copyright notice does carry over, I only lose it going from Lightroom to photoshop ( does that mean my problem lies in Lightroom???) attached is a screenshot of the prefs :

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version