Author Topic: User report (short list of bugs)  (Read 2308 times)

Offline mask

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
User report (short list of bugs)
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:54:03 AM »
A few things I have noted in the build 4155:

- In Collections, the sorting dropdowns are missing, it is impossible to sort images automatically.

- There is no way to move Collections around per drag'n'drop or in any other way (Cut/Paste)

- In Collections, if you add images to a collection A and you add images to sub collections like A-B and A-C, it is impossible to view only the images of Collection A. It would be nice to be able to add images concerning all subcollections to A and view them separately.

- I normally keep the Structured Keywords-Panel open. If the window is active and you open the Metadata Template via Keyboard Shortcut, it is not automatically deactivated, so you cannot press "Apply Template to selected", you have to close the Template Window, deactivate the keywords-panel and the reopen the Template window to apply the template.

- On MacOS, the file browser doesn't know some file endings like .auh (Aurora HDR-File) and keeps showing those files as folders.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 01:35:38 AM by mask »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: User report (short list of bugs)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 07:49:50 AM »
A few things I have noted in the build 4155:

- In Collections, the sorting dropdowns are missing, it is impossible to sort images automatically.

Currently there is no sorting option for any Contact Sheets produced by the Catalog system.

- There is no way to move Collections around per drag'n'drop or in any other way (Cut/Paste)

We expect to add this capability before final release.  It will be drag-and-drop based just like it is in a Folder-based Contact Sheet tab.

- In Collections, if you add images to a collection A and you add images to sub collections like A-B and A-C, it is impossible to view only the images of Collection A. It would be nice to be able to add images concerning all subcollections to A and view them separately.

We will have to think on this.

- I normally keep the Structured Keywords-Panel open. If the window is active and you open the Metadata Template via Keyboard Shortcut, it is not automatically deactivated, so you cannot press "Apply Template to selected", you have to close the Template Window, deactivate the keywords-panel and the reopen the Template window to apply the template.

Please tell me more about your system?  What OS are you running?  You mention macOS (below), is this on macOS, and if so what version?

- On MacOS, the file browser doesn't know some file endings like .auh (Aurora HDR-File) and keeps showing those files as folders.

What is the "file browser"?  Please post a screenshot.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk