Photo Mechanic > Support

PM 4.5 Blowing up

(1/2) > >>

MTBryan:
Howdy. Big Photo Mechanic fan here.

I just installed PM 4.5 last week. It is working great overall, but it seems to die quite a bit. My older version was fairly stable, so it’s definitely an issue with v4.5

It’s interesting, because it doesn’t blow up while in the software. It usually happens when I’ve opened 1 or more photos from PM in Photoshop or Nikon Capture and I no longer have focus on the Photo Mechanic application. It then gives the application error pop-up, then gives this message:

The Instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate program

It then closes PM. If I bring it back up, it works fine until it blows up again.

I’ve looked around a bit in this forum but don’t see any other reference to this type of problem.

Thoughts?

And yes, I’m running XP, and don’t tell me that I need to buy a Mac because, believe me, I already know that. :)

Thanks,
Bryan Hulse

Kirk Baker:
Bryan,

--- Quote from: MTBryan on April 13, 2007, 02:17:24 PM ---Howdy. Big Photo Mechanic fan here.

I just installed PM 4.5 last week. It is working great overall, but it seems to die quite a bit. My older version was fairly stable, so it’s definitely an issue with v4.5

It’s interesting, because it doesn’t blow up while in the software. It usually happens when I’ve opened 1 or more photos from PM in Photoshop or Nikon Capture and I no longer have focus on the Photo Mechanic application. It then gives the application error pop-up, then gives this message:

The Instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate program

It then closes PM. If I bring it back up, it works fine until it blows up again.

I’ve looked around a bit in this forum but don’t see any other reference to this type of problem.

Thoughts?

And yes, I’m running XP, and don’t tell me that I need to buy a Mac because, believe me, I already know that. :)
--- End quote ---

If you disable the Navigator (View->Navigator) then the crashing will stop.  I am writing a new Navigator to replace the current one.  It should eliminate the crashing.

-Kirk

MTBryan:
Thanks for the quick answer Kirk.
Since it doesn't crash with PM open, I can probably open the Navigator when I need it, then close it down right away. That's easy enough.
Keep up the awesome work!

Bryan...

FairfieldPhoto:
Was the Navigator problem related to something in Beta III or the final release? 

I beat on the Betas pretty hard and never had the Navigator-generated crash problem.  Now that I am on the general release version, I get bit by it quite a lot when trying to move images from folder to folder.

Hopefully it is not a huge understaking and can be accomplished/tested within a few weeks...

-Mike

Ed Zirkle:
Hi Guys...

Vista Business...

Works until after the ingest and then... here is the Vista trouble report...

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Photo Mechanic.exe
  Application Version:   4.5.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4615a2c5
  Fault Module Name:   Photo Mechanic.exe
  Fault Module Version:   4.5.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4615a2c5
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   000ad890
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   76af
  Additional Information 2:   5c6726b10aa3adc3abcef06d0b13fba9
  Additional Information 3:   abeb
  Additional Information 4:   1db14cc816cc657f072e7ecaa488544d

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Other wise all is good...

BTW, put off the trip to SD till 1st of May...

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version