Author Topic: Curiosity Question: External Editors  (Read 1878 times)

Offline kclaar

• View Profile
Curiosity Question: External Editors
« on: June 02, 2020, 07:45:00 AM »
Kirk,

I have a curiosity question regarding invoking an external editor.

I shoot in Nikon NEF format, and have Nikon Capture NX2 defined as my editor within PM6 and PM6+.

My question involves invoking Capture NX2 from the full screen preview window. If I use the right-click context menu, after editing, I am returned to the full screen preview window. If I use the External Editor icon at the top of the full screen preview window, after editing, the full screen preview window has been closed, and I am returned to the contact sheet window. My question is why aren't the actions the same?

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Home, and the latest versions of PM6 and PM6+. This occurs in both PM6 and PM6+, which I expected.

Thanks!
-- Ken

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Curiosity Question: External Editors
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:17:18 AM »
Ken,

My question involves invoking Capture NX2 from the full screen preview window. If I use the right-click context menu, after editing, I am returned to the full screen preview window. If I use the External Editor icon at the top of the full screen preview window, after editing, the full screen preview window has been closed, and I am returned to the contact sheet window. My question is why aren't the actions the same?

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Home, and the latest versions of PM6 and PM6+. This occurs in both PM6 and PM6+, which I expected.

I see no reason for them to be different.  Sounds like a bug to me.

-Kirk