Author Topic: GStreamer not showing thumbnails  (Read 3103 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
GStreamer not showing thumbnails
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:57:58 PM »
Windows 10, latest version of both programs.

GStreamer is not showing thumbnails in PM6+ but it DOES in PM6.  The settings for Gstreamer is the same in both programs.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: GStreamer not showing thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 08:04:38 AM »
Keith,

GStreamer is not showing thumbnails in PM6+ but it DOES in PM6.  The settings for Gstreamer is the same in both programs.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »
Keith,

Photo Mechanic Plus requires a newer version of GStreamer to be installed.  Unfortunately the newer version of GStreamer is not compatible with the standard Photo Mechanic 6 application.  See the ReadMe notes for details about which GStreamer you need to install for functionality with Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 06:20:52 AM »
I installed the newest version (1.16.2) of GStreamer and it worked fine with PM6Plus but broke PM6 because you cannot have two different versions of GStreamer installed.

I removed GStreamer and re-installed the old one to get the functionality back with PM6 but could not get it to work!

I removed the old version and installed the new version so I could work with PM6Plus but now nothing works!

In short, I cannot get GStreamer to work in either program and the issue with Ingest using Code Replacement (see other thread) does not work properly in either program!  Now I am stuck!

I have attached logs for both programs where I have the newest version of GStreamer installed, V1.16.2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »
Keith,

Have you tried uninstalling GStreamer first, then installing the version that is required for the Photo Mechanic variant that you want to use?

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 04:42:42 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I tried all sorts, uninstalling GStreamer completely and even cleaning the registry before reinstalling. I also uninstalled PM6Plus and reinstalled but nothing would fix it.

What really concerns me is that this breaks my Ingest which uses Code Replacement to put videos into different folders. I can live with it for now but would appreciate a quick fix.

In trying to fix this I tried to clear the location of GStreamer in Preferences but could not do that!

I will try anything else I can think of and give feedback if I find anything.

Thanks for your help.

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 01:04:32 AM »
Tried everything: Uninstalled, reinstalled GStreamer to another directory, reinstalled PMP, even removed all references to GStreamer in the registry but nothing worked.

Finally I restored my system back to before the new GStreamer was installed and all back to normal with PM6 working fine but not GStreamer in PMP - this is how I want it until PMP leaved beta testing.

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 11:00:08 PM »
New version of PM6 supports GStreamer 1.16.2 which solves all problems I have been having as described above i.e. both PM6 and PMP6 work perfectly with GStreamer.