Author Topic: Abilty to use FieldNames the same way as Alias  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Mark S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Abilty to use FieldNames the same way as Alias
« on: June 27, 2020, 05:44:25 PM »
I would like to be able to use "Field Name" the same way I use "Alias" name to "Set Info Text".

Without a feature like this it means that after entering data into the "Artwork or Objects" fields successfully, there is currently no way to display this information with the "Info Text" pop-up (or display it in a thumbnail label).

-- Mark --
-- Mark --

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Abilty to use FieldNames the same way as Alias
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »
Mark,

I would like to be able to use "Field Name" the same way I use "Alias" name to "Set Info Text".

Without a feature like this it means that after entering data into the "Artwork or Objects" fields successfully, there is currently no way to display this information with the "Info Text" pop-up (or display it in a thumbnail label).

What do you mean by "Alias" name?  Do you mean the various {variables} in Photo Mechanic?  There are no variables for the fields in Artwork or Objects at this time.  That metadata is actually an array of data structures and PM doesn't have a way to choose an item in the array or any way to iterate over it.

-Kirk

Offline Mark S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Abilty to use FieldNames the same way as Alias
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Yes, I meant variables. I was looking at the searchable fields in the search settings where variables are listed as "field names or alias". I (wrongly) assumed that something like {artobj.styleperiod} could be used like a variable.

Thanks for responding so promptly.
-- Mark --