Author Topic: Terminology  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Terminology
« on: August 29, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »
I am using a Mac.  I just noticed that whereas the Information window for an image uses "Description/Caption" for the first one of the fields (which I happen to use a lot for describing an event), the IPTC code selection in the Browse area when using the catalog does not have that term, but uses "Event."  This terminology needs to harmonized.  My suggestion is that the Information window begin the description of that field with "Event" then leave "Description/Caption" in parentheses after that since that is the standard description in IPTC.  Also, add "Descr/Capt." after the word "Event" in the BROWSE choice menu under IPTC. - Jon Davidon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Terminology
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 03:44:54 PM »
Jon,

I am using a Mac.  I just noticed that whereas the Information window for an image uses "Description/Caption" for the first one of the fields (which I happen to use a lot for describing an event), the IPTC code selection in the Browse area when using the catalog does not have that term, but uses "Event."  This terminology needs to harmonized.  My suggestion is that the Information window begin the description of that field with "Event" then leave "Description/Caption" in parentheses after that since that is the standard description in IPTC.  Also, add "Descr/Capt." after the word "Event" in the BROWSE choice menu under IPTC. - Jon Davidon

We do have plans to make the labels in the Browse and Filter tabs use the customized labels from the Metadata dialogs.

-Kirk