Author Topic: Image previews missing  (Read 38252 times)

Offline schs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Image previews missing
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2020, 10:48:58 PM »
You got a message  :)
Thanks Stefan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2020, 02:20:59 PM »
Thanks Stefan,

Could you open up the Catalog Status window (Catalog->Catalog Status...) and cancel pending jobs via the two "Stop" buttons.  Then retry your Scan to Catalog using that new build I provided you.  Then if the problem happens again send the logs again.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline schs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2020, 11:10:51 PM »
Thanks. I did that and now the scan to catalog is running. So far the same, the number of batches increases while metadata gathering is running. It will take some time and when it's finished I will have a look at the tasks.

By the way, there is a separate thread about this issue. Maybe it's easier (for you and other users) to post all the updates in one thread?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2020, 11:25:17 PM »
Thanks. I did that and now the scan to catalog is running. So far the same, the number of batches increases while metadata gathering is running. It will take some time and when it's finished I will have a look at the tasks.

Thanks.

By the way, there is a separate thread about this issue. Maybe it's easier (for you and other users) to post all the updates in one thread?

It's fine with me, but I'm going to post replies to any thread that needs my help.

-Kirk

Offline schs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2020, 05:07:43 AM »
Looks good now. I deleted the catalog and started the scan to catalog with a new one. While the task gathered metadata the preview batches added up. After the metadata was scanned completely
the previews were generated. I closed PM+, ejected the external disk and started PM+ to see if previews were ok. Everything as expected, I can now search through the catalog and the previews are visible. So I think the new build solved the issue.

Offline obelix74

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2020, 01:16:20 PM »
I am making slow progress.  With SMB, there were disconnects, I do a quick sync again and it starts scanning again.  However, since yesterday, I am stuck at 16580 items remaining (0/sec).  I think it is now week 3 of trying to build my catalog against my NAS :(. The network mount is active and I am able to navigate.

Maybe this is unsupported at this time. 

Offline obelix74

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »
I am making slow progress.  With SMB, there were disconnects, I do a quick sync again and it starts scanning again.  However, since yesterday, I am stuck at 16580 items remaining (0/sec).  I think it is now week 3 of trying to build my catalog against my NAS :(. The network mount is active and I am able to navigate.

Let me try the new build.

Offline obelix74

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 01:19:36 PM »
Is there a newer build than this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2020, 01:29:39 PM »
We're releasing a new build today, probably in three hours or less from the time of this posting.

-Kirk

Offline Bill Kelly

• Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2020, 03:32:06 PM »
I am stuck at 16580 items remaining (0/sec).  I think it is now week 3 of trying to build my catalog against my NAS :(. The network mount is active and I am able to navigate.

For what it's worth, it's definitely intended that a catalog should build fine from folders on a NAS. I'm sorry it's been a hassle. We want to understand and fix the issue. (Perhaps the latest build helps? If not, we'll continue investigating.)

Regards,

Bill

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2020, 04:15:17 PM »
The new build is available now.  http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13627.0

Please let us know if it improves things, or not.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline obelix74

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2020, 04:56:15 PM »
Thanks Bill and Kirk.  I heard about the dyn.log issue as well, my log files were in the 100MB+ range.  I will install the new build in about 45 mins.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2020, 05:14:12 PM »
Thanks Bill and Kirk.  I heard about the dyn.log issue as well, my log files were in the 100MB+ range.  I will install the new build in about 45 mins.

You can delete those at any time if you must have the disk space back.  Your logs will continue to grow large if you have CATALOG_DEBUG_LOGGING turned on.  But until we can solve your issue, it would be best to leave it on.

-Kirk

Offline obelix74

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2020, 08:15:41 PM »
The new build didn't help.  I am seeing the same issue.  Surprised since it did build a catalog of 100k images so far.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2020, 08:18:34 PM »
The new build didn't help.  I am seeing the same issue.  Surprised since it did build a catalog of 100k images so far.

Please post the logs when you can.

Thanks,

-Kirk