Author Topic: Opening a file with Photo Mechanic Plus software  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Thierrymige

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Opening a file with Photo Mechanic Plus software
« on: November 05, 2020, 02:22:49 AM »
I am using Photo Mechanic softwares since several years on a Mac Pro running MacOSMojave version 10.14.6. I have downloaded and installed the trial version of Photo Mechanic Plus. When I launch the software and open a file in that new version of Photo Mechanic, the contact sheet appears empty. To fill the empty contact sheet with the images included in the file, I have to click on the button "All" above the empty contact sheet. Is this normal ? What can I do to have a quick opening of my files in Photo Mechanic Plus software, as I have with Photo Mechanic 5 or 6 softwares ? Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Opening a file with Photo Mechanic Plus software
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 09:09:38 AM »
I am using Photo Mechanic softwares since several years on a Mac Pro running MacOSMojave version 10.14.6. I have downloaded and installed the trial version of Photo Mechanic Plus. When I launch the software and open a file in that new version of Photo Mechanic, the contact sheet appears empty. To fill the empty contact sheet with the images included in the file, I have to click on the button "All" above the empty contact sheet. Is this normal ? What can I do to have a quick opening of my files in Photo Mechanic Plus software, as I have with Photo Mechanic 5 or 6 softwares ? Thank you.

Are you saying that you click on that popup menu that already says "All" and you just choose "All" again and then it shows your images?  Please take a screenshot of the main window (showing the entire toolbar) and post it here.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Thierrymige

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 03:17:42 AM »
Yes, Kirk Baker, you have perfectly formulated my problem : when I open a file with PM Plus, the contact sheet appears empty, and I have to click on the popup menu saying "All" to see the images inside the file. The two attached screenshots show the problem. "PM Plus 1.jpg" shows the empty contact sheet that appears when I double click on the file "Paris - Expo Coll. Chtchoukine 2017 lgt", and "PM Plus 2.jpg" shows the contact sheet with images that appears when I have clicked on the button "All" in the toolbar.
Thank you very much for your kind help. Thierrymige

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 07:10:45 AM »
Yes, Kirk Baker, you have perfectly formulated my problem : when I open a file with PM Plus, the contact sheet appears empty, and I have to click on the popup menu saying "All" to see the images inside the file. The two attached screenshots show the problem. "PM Plus 1.jpg" shows the empty contact sheet that appears when I double click on the file "Paris - Expo Coll. Chtchoukine 2017 lgt", and "PM Plus 2.jpg" shows the contact sheet with images that appears when I have clicked on the button "All" in the toolbar.
Thank you very much for your kind help. Thierrymige

Unfortunately the first screenshot showing the empty Contact Sheet does not include the entire toolbar showing the 5-star Rating filter or the Color Class filter.  I expect that you've got either of those filters set to filter out some ratings or colors and selecting All from the popup menu is forcing them to turn all criteria back on.  You may have inadvertently set a default for either filter or both that is used when a Contact Sheet is first opened.  You can correct this condition by right-clicking on the 5-star Rating filter and choosing "Turn all on", followed by right-clicking on it again and choosing "Set as default".  Do the same for the Color Class filter.

I expect that this will correct the problem.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Thierrymige

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 02:08:35 AM »
Thank you Kirk Baker : you are right, my problem was due to a wrong position of the color class filter. I fixed it according to your instruction.
Thierrymige