Author Topic: Keyword Field Error  (Read 3123 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Keyword Field Error
« on: November 07, 2020, 06:56:18 AM »
If I enter keywords in the Metadata (IPTC) Info dialog, then save it and move to the next image in the Contact Sheet, if the next image has fewer lines of keywords, the extra line from the previous image show in the Keyword field. They are not really there, since if I open they keyword field to enter data, they are not there.

This appears to just be a screen redraw problem

PM Plus build 5277; MacOS 10.15.7 in a 15" 2019 MacBook Pro.

Here is a screen shot. The first 2 lines of the Keyword field are for this image, the other lines are from the previous image that I was working the IPTC data.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyword Field Error
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »
Mick,

If I enter keywords in the Metadata (IPTC) Info dialog, then save it and move to the next image in the Contact Sheet, if the next image has fewer lines of keywords, the extra line from the previous image show in the Keyword field. They are not really there, since if I open they keyword field to enter data, they are not there.

This appears to just be a screen redraw problem

PM Plus build 5277; MacOS 10.15.7 in a 15" 2019 MacBook Pro.

Here is a screen shot. The first 2 lines of the Keyword field are for this image, the other lines are from the previous image that I was working the IPTC data.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:08:44 PM »
Mick,

I'm unable to reproduce on my system (macOS 10.14.6).

I have two images.  One has five lines of keywords, and the next image has three lines of keywords.  When I go back and forth between the images, they always look correct.

Any other hints/details that you can think of that will help me reproduce the problem are appreciated.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:14:39 AM »
Kirk:

I saw this quite frequent with the earlier betas of PM+. It seemed to have disappeared with teh final beta nd release version of PM+, so I was surprised to see it the other day when I had an intensive, long session of photo editing.

I have not been able to reproduce it since reporting it, so I guess it must just be some temporary software glitch on my computer.

If it happens again, and is reproducible, I will send to details.

Thanks for taking a look.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »
Mick,

I saw this quite frequent with the earlier betas of PM+. It seemed to have disappeared with teh final beta nd release version of PM+, so I was surprised to see it the other day when I had an intensive, long session of photo editing.

I have not been able to reproduce it since reporting it, so I guess it must just be some temporary software glitch on my computer.

If it happens again, and is reproducible, I will send to details.

Thanks.  You're not the only one with the issue.  Some others have reported the problem but we've been unable to reproduce so far.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 06:34:19 AM »
Kirk,

I had it happen again this morning.

I was in a contact Sheet for a folder. The images are cataloged and the catalog was active. I used the drop down to view only the Tagged files. This was a mix of JPGs, NEFs, PSDs and DNG. Those different file types are different file formats of teh same images and I had the files sorted by file name so that the JPG and corresponding other formats were next to each other.

I brought up the Metadata (IPTC) dialog for the first image, a JPG, edited it, copied it, clicked the save and go to next file button (the corresponding NEF), clicked the Paste button to enter the copied Metadata, then clicked the Save and move to next file button. The image I had updated originally had about 2 lines worth of keywords, after editing it had 5.

I was now at the JPG for the second image, which also had a corresponding NEF. The Metadata dialog showed only the original keywords for this image, about 2 and a half lines worth. I added additional keywords via the Structured Keyword dialog (I almost always use this for keyboarding), then repeated the same procedure as above to update and save the IPTC info to the JPG and NEF for this image. Again, there were about 5 lines worth of keywords.

When I moved to the Metadata dialog for the 3rd image, also a JPG, the 2 existing lines of keywords were shown, but the last 3 lines from the previous image were also shown. Closing the Metadata dialog and reopening it reset the screen to show only the keywords for that image.

Maybe this will help you track down this issue.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being annoying but doesn't really affect anything and 10 being I hate your software and a mob is coming to Portland to burn down your office, this is barely a 1.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »
Mick,

I had it happen again this morning.

I was in a contact Sheet for a folder. The images are cataloged and the catalog was active. I used the drop down to view only the Tagged files. This was a mix of JPGs, NEFs, PSDs and DNG. Those different file types are different file formats of teh same images and I had the files sorted by file name so that the JPG and corresponding other formats were next to each other.

I brought up the Metadata (IPTC) dialog for the first image, a JPG, edited it, copied it, clicked the save and go to next file button (the corresponding NEF), clicked the Paste button to enter the copied Metadata, then clicked the Save and move to next file button. The image I had updated originally had about 2 lines worth of keywords, after editing it had 5.

I was now at the JPG for the second image, which also had a corresponding NEF. The Metadata dialog showed only the original keywords for this image, about 2 and a half lines worth. I added additional keywords via the Structured Keyword dialog (I almost always use this for keyboarding), then repeated the same procedure as above to update and save the IPTC info to the JPG and NEF for this image. Again, there were about 5 lines worth of keywords.

When I moved to the Metadata dialog for the 3rd image, also a JPG, the 2 existing lines of keywords were shown, but the last 3 lines from the previous image were also shown. Closing the Metadata dialog and reopening it reset the screen to show only the keywords for that image.

Thank you for the additional information.  I was just moving between two images that had varying amounts of keywords already and I wasn't changing them like you are.  That may be the key.  I will add this new information to the bug report.

-Kirk