Photo Mechanic > Support

Apple M1 Chip

<< < (3/8) > >>

AllGold:
Please get going on this. Photo Mechanic is now (and has been for a while) the only software I use which is not M1 native and it's clear that Apple will be making only Mx/ARM-based machines going forward.

Kevin M. Cox:
I used an Apple Silicon 13" MacBook Pro for the ten game homestand the Astros just wrapped up. It was the first real photo workout I gave it, but the weird photo positions were a great opportunity.

The battery life was outstanding just as I had hoped. I never dropped below 70% despite editing the entire game, checking the boxscore, setting up code replacements, etc. All the other photogs on Intel Macs were having to bring battery packs or run extension cords.

I feel like the screen isn't as bright as my Intel 15" and the speakers aren't as loud, but otherwise it is a nice little compact machine.

Photo Mechanic (Rosetta 2) and Photoshop (ARM native) ran just as fast as they do on my old Intel Mac. I didn't notice any problems with the emulation, it just worked.

So while native ARM support will be great, it isn't holding up anything that I can tell in my real world deadline testing.

jose:

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate your observations working with the M1.

Saludos,
jose.

John Hawkinson:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on March 30, 2021, 09:01:29 AM ---Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus run very well on the M1 in emulation.  We are not currently working towards a native version but will do so in the future.

--- End quote ---

Hello! Is there a timeline for a Mac arm64 native version of PM?
(I understand it runs fine under Rosetta2.)

Thanks!

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: John Hawkinson on November 17, 2021, 12:53:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on March 30, 2021, 09:01:29 AM ---Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus run very well on the M1 in emulation.  We are not currently working towards a native version but will do so in the future.

--- End quote ---

Hello! Is there a timeline for a Mac arm64 native version of PM?
(I understand it runs fine under Rosetta2.)
--- End quote ---

The status has not changed.  We are not currently working on M1-native version at this time.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version