Author Topic: Delete folder in PMP+?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Delete folder in PMP+?
« on: November 23, 2020, 10:07:36 AM »
Hi,
2 day user question which I can't see in online help!

I have created a catalogue of my images which has worked well, using "scan from disk". While trying to understand the ingestion process, I used some trial images which I will not want to keep and have ended up with two folders on my local HDD from which I have been able to delete all the images via PMP+. My query is, how may I delete the two folders I no longer require?  Is this possible via PMP+?

If I do this in Windows Explorer, how is this reflected in the PMP+ catalogue?

TIA
Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Delete folder in PMP+?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 12:52:42 PM »
Dave,

I have created a catalogue of my images which has worked well, using "scan from disk". While trying to understand the ingestion process, I used some trial images which I will not want to keep and have ended up with two folders on my local HDD from which I have been able to delete all the images via PMP+. My query is, how may I delete the two folders I no longer require?  Is this possible via PMP+?

You can delete the folder from the Navigator.

If I do this in Windows Explorer, how is this reflected in the PMP+ catalogue?

If you delete a folder outside of Photo Mechanic Plus and it had images in it that were part of your catalog, you can go to the Browse tab, expand the "Folder Paths" item and then expand the path leading up to that folder.  Right-click on the folder and choose "Remove Folder" from the contextual menu.

-Kirk

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Re: Delete folder in PMP+?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 01:07:49 AM »
Kirk,

Many thanks for response with the information - will feel happier sorting out my images now!

Dave