Photo Mechanic Plus > Support

How do I know in which collection(s) a picture is stored?

(1/2) > >>

LRAT:
Hello all!

First of all: I'm super impressed with the features available in PM+. Well done to the team at Camera Bits!

I'm still exploring and learning. The documentation is still a bit sketchy (But I expected that as the software has just been released).

Anyway, how can I find out to which catalog(s) a picture belongs?
I generated about 30 catalogs and some pictures are assigned to multiple catalogs.
When I assign a picture to a catalog I can see that picture in that catalog but the photo itself doesn't tell me in which catalogs it's connected to.
Anybody out there who can tell me how to find out?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: LRAT on November 30, 2020, 05:39:00 PM ---First of all: I'm super impressed with the features available in PM+. Well done to the team at Camera Bits!
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

--- Quote from: LRAT on November 30, 2020, 05:39:00 PM ---Anyway, how can I find out to which catalog(s) a picture belongs?
--- End quote ---

Right-click on the picture and move your cursor onto the "Catalog Info" sub-menu of the contextual menu that appears.  It should list the catalog(s) that the image is in.

HTH,

-Kirk

LRAT:
Thanks for the fast response Kirk! Much appreciated.
I think I was using the wrong term: Instead of the word Catalog, I meant Collections.
I have attached a snapshot of part of my Collections for clarity.
Take for example the Antarctica collection. In there I have several sub-collections. Some pictures could be in multiple sub-collections.
The problem is when I right-click on the picture and click on Catalog info it shows me the catalog indeed, which is: Catalog D-Drive.
The problem is that I can't see in which Collections the pictures are in.
It would be great if there is a similar button called "Collection info", but that seems to be missing.

So, it seems that it is impossible to know whether a picture is already in a certain collection unless you physically open the collection and look for that picture.
Maybe a feature that could be added to further updates?
Cheers,

Luke

Kirk Baker:
Luke,

--- Quote from: LRAT on November 30, 2020, 07:12:40 PM ---It would be great if there is a similar button called "Collection info", but that seems to be missing.

So, it seems that it is impossible to know whether a picture is already in a certain collection unless you physically open the collection and look for that picture.
Maybe a feature that could be added to further updates?

--- End quote ---

See this post for feature requests: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13555.0

-Kirk

PauloBMB:
Hi Luke, I did open  a request for the same thing a couple of days ago.

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/discussions/topics/48000561226

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version