Author Topic: Exif data by folder  (Read 2675 times)

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exif data by folder
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:38:04 PM »
New to PM +
Is it possible to browse or filter the catalog so as to view the exif data by folder or folders instead of the entire database.  I would like to be able to see which cameras and lens were used along with the thumbnails for separate shoots.  My images are arranged with one shoot per folder and in date order.
Thanks
RJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Exif data by folder
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 09:59:06 PM »
New to PM +
Is it possible to browse or filter the catalog so as to view the exif data by folder or folders instead of the entire database.  I would like to be able to see which cameras and lens were used along with the thumbnails for separate shoots.  My images are arranged with one shoot per folder and in date order.

If I understand you correctly, yes it is possible to use the Filter system for this purpose, though not all Exif data is tracked.

You would create a new filter, change the default Rating filter to a Folder Paths filter, choose one or more paths, then add a new Exif filter of which there are currently four: Lens Used, Model, Serial Number, and User.

If you need other Exif criteria like shutter speed, aperture, or focal length, etc. they do not currently exist.

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 10:57:10 PM »
Kirk
Great, I will do that
Thanks
PS I know it is feature request, however, can other exif criteria like shutter speed, aperture, or focal length, etc. be created for users like me that just need to know that kind of stuff?
Again
Thanks
RJ

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 11:16:36 PM »
Kirk
I just followed your instructions and it works perfectly. I previously read and re-read everything about filters and searches and I would never have figured that out from what I read.
Thanks again.
RJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 11:41:54 PM »
RJ,

PS I know it is feature request, however, can other exif criteria like shutter speed, aperture, or focal length, etc. be created for users like me that just need to know that kind of stuff?

We will likely add a few more Exif data like the ones you listed, but none of the more esoteric ones.

-Kirk