Author Topic: How to fast split catalog, or MOVE images from one catalog to another  (Read 1330 times)

Offline GetUp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi, can you advise me the efficient way to MOVE group of images from one catalog to another? Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to fast split catalog, or MOVE images from one catalog to another
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 09:12:24 AM »
Hi, can you advise me the efficient way to MOVE group of images from one catalog to another? Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'MOVE'?  The catalog does not store your images.  It only references them where they exist on your computer.  If you want those images to be referenced by another catalog and no longer referenced by the first catalog, then:

1) Select those images in the first catalog and uncheck the Add/Modify checkbox on the first catalog.
2) Set the Add/Modify checkbox on the second catalog.
3) Choose Include Selected Items on the Catalog menu.
4) Uncheck the Add/Modify checkbox on the second catalog.
5) Set the Add/Modify checkbox on the first catalog and choose Remove Selected Items

That should do it.  There is no automation for those steps.  If this is something that users will frequently do then perhaps this could be reduced in steps.

-Kirk

Offline GetUp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How to fast split catalog, or MOVE images from one catalog to another
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 09:20:43 AM »
Move references, of course.
Yes, it looks cumbersome and user errors prone...
Why I need this: I have many shoots, that stored chronologically on one big RAID drive, but some of this shoots has many similar images, and this is one or two types of shooting - like clothes on white, or events. I want to move this shoots to another catalog, so I can see more valuable shoots at once, and NOT to filter everytime those clothing on white.

I hope, you can understand, what I mean, thanks