Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

iptc advanced tagging features

(1/1)

robok:

As much as I liked the look of Lightroom, I went with Bibble for RAW and am close to going with PM.

Truthfully, PM seems like a high price to me for just one part of the work flow.  While the tagging seems to have improved here, Lightroom is a big step ahead in keywording.

Specifically:

* drag and drop in many ways -- keyword onto image, image onto keyword, one keyword under another
* hierarchy of keywords and the ability to rearrange
* viewing across the library of keywords (i know this is beyond the scope of PM)
* autofill of keywords
* when the keyword panel is active, the numbers 1-9 become the shortcut for the most recent keywords used.

I think PM could copy a few things from LR in this area.

As others have said, if PM had a lean library function, it would be a slam dunk!  I know (hope) its coming at some point.

Kirk Baker:
Rob,

--- Quote from: robok on April 24, 2007, 05:23:23 PM ---
As much as I liked the look of Lightroom, I went with Bibble for RAW and am close to going with PM.

Truthfully, PM seems like a high price to me for just one part of the work flow.  While the tagging seems to have improved here, Lightroom is a big step ahead in keywording.

Specifically:

* drag and drop in many ways -- keyword onto image, image onto keyword, one keyword under another
* viewing across the library of keywords (i know this is beyond the scope of PM)
* autofill of keywords
* when the keyword panel is active, the numbers 1-9 become the shortcut for the most recent keywords used.

As others have said, if PM had a lean library function, it would be a slam dunk!  I know (hope) its coming at some point.
--- End quote ---

Are you on Windows or Mac?

-Kirk

mbbphoto:

--- Quote from: robok on April 24, 2007, 05:23:23 PM ---

Specifically:

* autofill of keywords

--- End quote ---

So what do you really think?

To me its all about speed and customization.
PM is the fastest editing program, period.
Also I move my work from a laptop to a tower for processing, with lightroom that involves reimporting....

They are not truly comparable programs.

Marc

robok:
Kirk -- Windows.

mbbphoto -- did you not like my post?  I thought I was being constructive.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: robok on April 26, 2007, 07:32:32 PM ---Kirk -- Windows.
--- End quote ---

When the Windows version has the Structured Keywords editor, I think you'll be surprised at how powerful it really is.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version