Author Topic: Deleted photos disappear and do not show up in the trash.  (Read 5162 times)

Offline JS

• View Profile
Re: Deleted photos disappear and do not show up in the trash.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2023, 06:03:50 AM »
Hi,

just for information: I deleted PM 6 and installed it again. Now deleting a file functions again like it should. The files are in the trash bin and i can recover them if i want. Both on my Mac Pro 5,1 and on my Macbook Air. The attached files were from my Air, because it runs Monterey naturally. The Delete-Warning looks like this:

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2023, 09:46:34 AM »
John,

Thanks for quick reply. I attach the log file.

There are no errors in your log (in the last few weeks) related to moving items to the Trash.  PM uses a macOS-provided system call to move items to the Trash and nothing more so if it isn't working in PM, it would be interesting to know if the Finder also cannot move similar items to the Trash.

-Kirk

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2023, 10:24:58 AM »
Kirk,

I just tried. Finder is working well. I can delete and find the files in the trash bin. I even can use the command "move back". This command I cannot use when I deleted the files in PM. I have to copy and paste them. Otherwise, as I wrote in the posts above, after reinstallation of PM everything works fine again.

-John