Author Topic: difference in time and gps between still and video files in pm6+  (Read 5577 times)

Offline mike999

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: difference in time and gps between still and video files in pm6+
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2021, 07:00:54 AM »
The newly released version of PM6+ unfortunately does not fix the bug where gps location information in canon 5d iv is shown wrongly. It is certainly appears better than the previous version BUT is still wrong and now it is much more difficult to spot the errors so in some ways is worse than before.
All the files I have checked have shown errors in the region of 20 - 30 miles but not in a consistent direction, as stated previously the still files show the correct location for stills taken at the same time so it is not a problem with the gps itself.

Offline mike999

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2021, 07:02:48 AM »
Perhaps this needs to be a new thread as it is potentially a different bug with the latest version (5997) of PM6+

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2021, 12:32:20 PM »
OK it looks like I didn't do this conversion quite right.  I was simply dividing the coordinates by (in your case) 10,000 when really it is a bit more complicated than that.  For example longitude is stored as ±DDDMMSS.S format and I was simply dividing by 10,000.  But actually it is necessary to pick out the degrees, minutes and seconds individually and assemble as longitude = degrees + (min / 60) + (sec / 3600).

This fix will be in the next release.

--dennis