Author Topic: Offline modifications synced on re-connection to referenced images  (Read 1895 times)

Offline jgrove

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have just scanned in around 200,000 images the catalogue is stored on an external SSD with the images on an external hard drive.

If i say delete files from the catalogues when the referenced drive isn't attached, will the catalogue delete the files from the source when the drive is reconnected and PM Plus is run?

In other words can I work on a catalogue of images even when the source files are not attached in a way that it is synced when it is reconnected?

I hope that makes sense,

Thank you

James

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Offline modifications synced on re-connection to referenced images
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 03:59:22 PM »
James,

I have just scanned in around 200,000 images the catalogue is stored on an external SSD with the images on an external hard drive.

If i say delete files from the catalogues when the referenced drive isn't attached, will the catalogue delete the files from the source when the drive is reconnected and PM Plus is run?

In other words can I work on a catalogue of images even when the source files are not attached in a way that it is synced when it is reconnected?

No.  Not yet.  You won't be able to get into that condition in the first place because only locally-available images can be modified or deleted at this time.

-Kirk

Offline jgrove

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 08:44:24 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

So if all the drives are connected how do I delete a file from the catalogue so that it also deletes the original from the disk?

I assume I have to use the Remove Selected Items function?

Thanks in advance,

James

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 09:20:56 AM »
James,
So if all the drives are connected how do I delete a file from the catalogue so that it also deletes the original from the disk?

I assume I have to use the Remove Selected Items function?

Yes, that is the best way.  The confirmation dialog will ask you if you also want to delete the file.

-Kirk