Author Topic: iseq / ingestseq in filename but not folder  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Gruffydd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
iseq / ingestseq in filename but not folder
« on: April 27, 2021, 09:42:06 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 2725 on macOS 10.15.7.

I want to use the iseq variable in my filename, e.g. {iseq}_{filenamebase}_{year4}{month0}{day0}_{sequence} but not in the folder to which files are ingested.

That is, I want all files going into one folder, but the initial number of each file will indicate the ingest sequence it was part of. Is there any way to do that? The only way to get {iseq} to increment is to put a tick in "Use folder sequence", but that then puts {iseq} into my folder name.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: iseq / ingestseq in filename but not folder
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 10:00:29 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 2725 on macOS 10.15.7.

Please update Photo Mechanic.  Your build is extremely out of date and is missing a number of important fixes and improvements.  From the Help menu, choose Software Update..., then click the "Check Now" button and follow the prompts.

I want to use the iseq variable in my filename, e.g. {iseq}_{filenamebase}_{year4}{month0}{day0}_{sequence} but not in the folder to which files are ingested.

That is, I want all files going into one folder, but the initial number of each file will indicate the ingest sequence it was part of. Is there any way to do that? The only way to get {iseq} to increment is to put a tick in "Use folder sequence", but that then puts {iseq} into my folder name.

No, the ingest sequence is only incremented when "Use folder sequence" is active.

-Kirk

Offline Gruffydd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: iseq / ingestseq in filename but not folder
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Kirk. That's a pity.

I have upgraded now.

Have a great day.