Author Topic: Catalog Thumbnail Very Slow to Populate  (Read 5990 times)

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
Re: Catalog Thumbnail Very Slow to Populate
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2022, 02:49:13 PM »
Michael,

Kirk, any updates?

No.  I have nothing new to report.

Thats a shame. Are there any plans, effort or interest in implementing this feature in the foreseeable future? I'm asking since the rereading of TIFF files blocks the app (spinning beachball), making it a pain in the ... to use, so much so that I've reverted to use Lightroom instead.

It's in our tracking system, it's in the implementation queue, but it isn't as high priority as other issues.

-Kirk

Thank you, I'll reconcile my expectations accordingly.

/Michael

Offline mmcdonald

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2023, 06:27:40 AM »
Hi folks,

Haven't seen any traction on this in the last year and a half and unless I'm missing the setting somewhere it appears an option to prefer proxy images is not available. Just want to verify this is not something that's available that I'm just overlooking.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2023, 08:58:31 AM »
Hi folks,

Haven't seen any traction on this in the last year and a half and unless I'm missing the setting somewhere it appears an option to prefer proxy images is not available. Just want to verify this is not something that's available that I'm just overlooking.

No, not available at this time.

-Kirk

Offline marshy8

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2023, 02:13:34 AM »
Is there a voting mechanism for new features? This shortcoming is literally the only thing preventing me from buying Photo Mechanic+ :(

I have hundreds of thousands of photos on a NAS which I need to scan at lightning speed which is where fast local thumbnails come in.

I'll keep an eye on the thread....