Author Topic: No new catalog button  (Read 2867 times)

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No new catalog button
« on: May 21, 2021, 07:17:22 AM »
I have no default catalog, I may have inadvertently deleted it. When I select manage catalogs nothing happens and I do not get the option to create a new one.

What do I need to do?
Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: No new catalog button
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 09:24:01 AM »
Martin,

I have no default catalog, I may have inadvertently deleted it. When I select manage catalogs nothing happens and I do not get the option to create a new one.

Please post a screen shot of the Catalog Management window.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 09:31:46 AM »
I would add I have uninstalled, reinstalled

It came up but couldn't start catalog systm (previouly it had timeout shutting down). Ultimately after  a reboot it lcoked my computer up solid, all I could do was move mouse cursor!

Attached screenshot is as far as it gets.

Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 10:37:46 AM »
Martin,

I would add I have uninstalled, reinstalled

It came up but couldn't start catalog systm (previouly it had timeout shutting down). Ultimately after  a reboot it lcoked my computer up solid, all I could do was move mouse cursor!

Attached screenshot is as far as it gets.

Go to the Catalog menu and choose Catalog Management...

That's where you create catalogs.

-Kirk

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 11:24:27 AM »
That I had realised.

I tried and there were no buttons. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled. It apparently intsalls OK and then when I ruin it starts to open the UI ands then freezes my PC., even the clock in  the system tray. All that moves is the mouse cursor (blue circle or arrow) but I cannot select anything or load task manager to see what isa happening. Other timne when I did gete application to run it could not stop the catalog and other services. Previouly when I did get a version to work it was unusably slow; I have had it for many months but not been able to use, frequently I have been disinclined to event try having wasted so mychh time with it. I have stuck with PM 6 which works well.

Note: when I installed the final green porogress was not complete when it jumped to finished.

Noit impressed. As a former IT p[rofessional I have never had so much hassle with production soiftware. I am HUGE FAN of PM but PM PLus seems to have been a serious mistake
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:08:13 PM by mpw1950 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 12:07:07 PM »
I tried and there were no buttons. I have uninstalled, I will try to  reinstall becuase it did not seem to want to start catalog system or it locke dmy copmputer solidi

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
Thanks Kirk

I have sent them an email.

Martin Wilson

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »
Thanks Kirk, Andrew
It was getting very frustrating but you rose to the challenge commendably.

After a call from California and a session of screen sharing we seem to have things working as they should, subject to giving it time and ata.

Such speedy response is much appreciated. It confirms my view of Photo Mechanic (both versions) as THE metadata and cataloging tool.

Well done Camera Bits.

Martin Wilson
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 12:49:51 PM by Kirk Baker »