Author Topic: Sony sd cards do not autoingest  (Read 5573 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Sony sd cards do not autoingest
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2024, 08:46:38 AM »
We rely on a drive's status of removable or fixed to determine whether you are connecting a memory card or a hard drive. This worked well for a very long time, and still works well for most card types. Unfortunately, with CFExpress it seems like they have opted out of this, presumably for some performance benefit with "fixed" drives. There is no way to opt out of your card being marked as fixed, as this is just seemingly a feature of CF Express Type B cards in general. We would have to add in some option to consider some "fixed" drives as camera cards in order for features like Auto-Ingest to work, but the criteria for these changes might be tricky, as we wouldn't want to introduce a change that is going to bring in other unwanted behavior. So in summary, I don't have a solution for you now, but we will look into how we can make this feature work better with these types of cards in the future.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer and clarification!

I guess this issue exists only on OSX as my colleague's Windows machine can use Live Ingest with the very same card and reader.

I hope you will be able to find a workaround for it for us Mac users too.

Keep up the great work!
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.hu

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2024, 03:05:16 AM »
It's quite strange, but my friend having the same issue with a SanDisk CFexpress card and reader on an M2 MacBook Pro managed to somehow change some setting that enabled Auto Ingest to work for him.

Unfortunately though he cannot tell what setting or even where did he change on his system to enable Auto ingest. The only thing he can confirm for sure is Auto Ingest prevously not working on his Mac and now does work as expected.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2024, 03:55:22 PM »
It's quite strange, but my friend having the same issue with a SanDisk CFexpress card and reader on an M2 MacBook Pro managed to somehow change some setting that enabled Auto Ingest to work for him.

Unfortunately though he cannot tell what setting or even where did he change on his system to enable Auto ingest. The only thing he can confirm for sure is Auto Ingest prevously not working on his Mac and now does work as expected.

Does the drive appear as 'removable' or 'fixed' to his system?

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2024, 05:16:04 PM »
Does the drive appear as 'removable' or 'fixed' to his system?

It still shows up as fixed, but Auto Ingest started to work on his system.

But he has no idea what setting and where did he change to get it to work.
Allways shooting RAW.