Author Topic: Catalog Metadata Upload stuck  (Read 1778 times)

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Catalog Metadata Upload stuck
« on: June 01, 2021, 02:05:04 PM »
I scanned my library of 93k images and it ran smoothly if slowly. It got to all green tasks and it was rolling nicely through the catalog metadata updates when it stopped. Eventually my computer inadvertently went to sleep and wouldn't wake.

After restarting everything seemed fine but the Catalog Metadata Update was stuck, everything else seemed OK and I even managed to make some changes (renames, some basic metadata on a few images) but that just added to the remaining batches.

I have tried most things, including a full sync, but not a rescan(several days work judging  by initial scan). How do i get to a clean catalog with no outstanding tasks?

What I see of PM+ I like, or will once I get it running smoothly.

Thanks

Martin

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Catalog Metadata Upload stuck
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 02:06:51 PM »
I would add that I am running latest PM+ build on up to date Win 10. Catalog on SSD, image data on software mirrored RAID HDD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 04:06:53 PM »
Martin,

I scanned my library of 93k images and it ran smoothly if slowly. It got to all green tasks and it was rolling nicely through the catalog metadata updates when it stopped. Eventually my computer inadvertently went to sleep and wouldn't wake.

After restarting everything seemed fine but the Catalog Metadata Update was stuck, everything else seemed OK and I even managed to make some changes (renames, some basic metadata on a few images) but that just added to the remaining batches.

I have tried most things, including a full sync, but not a rescan(several days work judging  by initial scan). How do i get to a clean catalog with no outstanding tasks?

It appears that you have some offline catalogs and that some of the updates are for those offline catalogs.

Open the Catalog Status window from the Catalog menu and press the button(s) to cancel those outstanding tasks.

I also suggest that you open the Catalog Management window and use the "Forget" button on any catalogs that you have deleted and are not going to be using.

-Kirk

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 11:27:01 PM »
Thanks Kirk,

That appears to have resolved it. I think I PM+ had a memory of a lost, but unforgotten catalogue and unlisted catalgue. Probabaly from the earlier failures to get PM= top start.

Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 09:28:52 AM »
Martin,

That appears to have resolved it. I think I PM+ had a memory of a lost, but unforgotten catalogue and unlisted catalog. Probably from the earlier failures to get PM+ to start.

Most definitely.  If I recall correctly, our support agent, Andrew helped you get that part of the problem straightened out last week.

-Kirk