Author Topic: PM7 / Planned features road map  (Read 884 times)

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM7 / Planned features road map
« on: March 19, 2024, 08:55:41 PM »
Hi PM People,

I get you need to move to a subscription model and support this because I know that there is tremendous room for new features particularly in the AI space,  unlike some other software that I use which moved over to subscription model but has limited new features that could be added or needed for a large part of the user base for that software.

What I strongly urge you to do, however, is release some info on what the first round up dates are looking like post subscription introduction. People like to know what they are paying for. :-)

Cheers

Craig

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: PM7 / Planned features road m
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 03:25:14 PM »
I’m currently trialing the new PM v2024.3 as it is now called, and struggling to see any difference from my latest PM6! Apart from universal app (standard and plus in one), new icon and new name. And new pricing.

Found out on Facebook that PM now supports webp format, which is great, but I would never know that.

So yeah, feature list and road map would be great

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: PM7 / Planned features road map
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 03:44:40 PM »
We're working on it.

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 06:19:35 PM »
We're working on it.

Good to hear.

Really hoping that facial recognition and QR code reading with ability to write to metadata from the embedded info will be somewhere on that list.

Craig

Offline martink

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 02:26:55 PM »
+1
Ideally it would be have been good to know some waypoints and time scales for the journey we are embarking on before the change in the pricing structure.
Any idea when that roadmap might be available?
Martin

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
Re: PM7 / Planned features road m
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 06:46:53 AM »
I’m currently trialing the new PM v2024.3 as it is now called, and struggling to see any difference from my latest PM6! Apart from universal app (standard and plus in one), new icon and new name. And new pricing.

Yes, new pricing. What is certain is that it has become a more expensive app. This is the reality.

Offline platti

• View Profile
    • my gallery on zenfolio
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 02:00:18 AM »
We're working on it.
Yes, you have to. Otherwise your pricing is not arguable.
greets from a hill
my gallery on zenfolio

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 10:17:24 AM »
We have had various price changes over the years.  We even tried lowering the price for a while which didn't produce increased sales beyond the expectation of a new version release.  Photo Mechanic has stayed at around $150 for a new license for most of its 20+ year span.  Our costs have increased as have costs for all kinds of things (food, clothing, electricity, gasoline, health insurance, cars, rent, houses, etc.) but PM has had roughly the same price.

We're currently considering upgrade pricing for existing perpetual customers that want to move to the new perpetual license.  When we have reached a decision, we'll let you know.  We don't expect that many of you current PM6 users will want to move to the new perpetual Photo Mechanic license because, frankly, as Max said, there isn't much different about the new release.  This is true.  But that will change in the coming months and perhaps eventually some of you will want to take advantage of an upgrade price.

-Kirk

Offline C-F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 06:57:47 PM »
KirK,
Having PM6+ since it came out, I just enrolled to the subscription model. Would a possible upgrade pricing be retroactive for someone like me?
Thanks.

Offline Horst H.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 02:26:17 AM »
I hope there a a lot of new features. If you compare to Photoshop, that cost me 80 Euro per Year on Black Friday week, and there a a lot of new features during the updates.

Offline vale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 03:57:26 AM »
We have had various price changes over the years.  We even tried lowering the price for a while which didn't produce increased sales beyond the expectation of a new version release.  Photo Mechanic has stayed at around $150 for a new license for most of its 20+ year span.  Our costs have increased as have costs for all kinds of things (food, clothing, electricity, gasoline, health insurance, cars, rent, houses, etc.) but PM has had roughly the same price.

-Kirk

But you go from 150$ for a few years (one major version of software) to 350$ every year (not related to major versions). Why wasn't an option to have a yearly fee of 80-100$ for every user?