Author Topic: Subscription Model  (Read 12113 times)

Offline Claude Diderich

• Newcomer
  • Claude Diderich
    • View Profile
    • Claude Diderich Sports Pictures
Re: Subscription Model
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2024, 02:01:58 AM »
General discussion forum perfectly covers the issue most have with subscription, no need to create a ticket for general discussion and hide these concerns under wraps

Fully agree, especially if Camerabits is interesting in better understand what their (past/future) customers are willing to pay to continue using PM.

I would recommend to Camerabits to first and foremost work on its communication strategy. I think many of the comments in this section are due to us [me] (your customers) not understanding what to expect in the future (beyond having to pay more) from Camerabits and failing to identify whether this future aligns with ours [mine].
Claude Diderich, sports photographer, member of AIPS and sportpress.ch
Mülibachstrasse 49, CH-8805 Richterswil, Switzerland, phone: +41 (44) 450 81 66, fax: +41 (44) 450 81 19, mobile: +41 (79) 450 81 66, e-mail: cdiderich@cdsp.photo, internet: http://www.cdsp.photo/

Offline sydlow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2024, 03:52:13 AM »
…The technical team will not be responding to sales related conversations moving forward and hope you are able to resolve your sales related issues via the sales channel.

Be great if the sales team chipped in on this discussion then!
I didn’t know there was a rule that this forum was only for technical questions.

Offline tempusrob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2024, 01:31:42 PM »
Kirk, Jerry, Andrew, and the entire technical team eagerly await the opportunity to sustain meaningful dialogue in this forum, fostering further technical discussions for years to come.

With all due respect, this is super condescending.

More than a few people in this thread have tried to have a "meaningful dialogue" about what to expect in the "years to come" and it's a shame that y'all have not really made an effort to contribute to that discussion.

People just want to know what they're getting with what is a pretty drastic change in price.

If we should expect the same product at the same update and development cadence as years past, just say so. Plainly. "We're raising the price to match what we feel is the value PM provides and to more appropriately compensate our developers." I couldn't be mad at that! I do the same in my own business.

Or if you've got a roadmap of how PM and its development is going to change, then one month out from the big change that was announced last fall would be a pretty good time to bring that out.