Author Topic: path of disconnected images  (Read 1567 times)

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
path of disconnected images
« on: July 21, 2021, 01:03:13 PM »
Hi All,

Is there a way to see the path of a disconnected file? The last-seen location, so to speak.

I managed to lose a folder of pictures. It's probably on some off-site backup somewhere. A folder name would make it about 100 times easier to hunt for it.

I looked in the usual places and couldn't find the path.

Thanks.

-Carl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: path of disconnected images
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 09:38:11 PM »
Carl,

Is there a way to see the path of a disconnected file? The last-seen location, so to speak.

I managed to lose a folder of pictures. It's probably on some off-site backup somewhere. A folder name would make it about 100 times easier to hunt for it.

I looked in the usual places and couldn't find the path.

Are you able to see the images (via the proxy) with a query?  If so, click on one to select it and look at the bottom of the window (status area) and the last known path should be shown.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 09:14:30 AM »
There it is. If it was a bear it would have stolen my food.

Thank you Kirk!

-Carl

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 09:31:04 AM »
....And the images are safely back in the catalog. Once I knew what to look for it only took a couple minutes to find them.

It's odd because it doesn't look like the folder was moved. It was in fact right where PM+ said it was. It's a little concerning because - while this is still most likely to be a carbon-based error - I can't quite figure out how the images got disconnected.

Normally I would assume that I either moved the folder in the course of tidying up or that I simply failed to include the images in a catalog. But it would appear that I did indeed catalog the images, and the folder was where PM+ thought it was.

Could this be a case where I should re-sync or something?

-Carl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 10:24:42 AM »
Carl,

....And the images are safely back in the catalog. Once I knew what to look for it only took a couple minutes to find them.

It's odd because it doesn't look like the folder was moved. It was in fact right where PM+ said it was. It's a little concerning because - while this is still most likely to be a carbon-based error - I can't quite figure out how the images got disconnected.

Normally I would assume that I either moved the folder in the course of tidying up or that I simply failed to include the images in a catalog. But it would appear that I did indeed catalog the images, and the folder was where PM+ thought it was.

A "Reintegrate forgotten Catalog" should be all that would be needed in this case.

-Kirk

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 03:55:34 PM »
Cool. Thanks.