Author Topic: simplified Catalog Upgrade  (Read 1495 times)

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
simplified Catalog Upgrade
« on: August 29, 2021, 01:39:54 AM »
Hi Kirk,

if a catalog has to be updated with a new program version, couldn't this be done automatically with a query in advance for all catalogs?

I do not have one master catalog but many individual catalogs. It is quite time-consuming to navigate to the appropriate upgrade button for each individual catalog. If an Catalog Upgrade for a new version is necessary anyway, it can also be done automatically. If necessary also with an automatic backup copy of the catalogs in case you want to downgrade. Or is there something against it?

Greetings
Thomas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: simplified Catalog Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 08:38:06 AM »
Thomas,

if a catalog has to be updated with a new program version, couldn't this be done automatically with a query in advance for all catalogs?

A query of the database cannot upgrade the database.

I do not have one master catalog but many individual catalogs. It is quite time-consuming to navigate to the appropriate upgrade button for each individual catalog.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

If an Catalog Upgrade for a new version is necessary anyway, it can also be done automatically. If necessary also with an automatic backup copy of the catalogs in case you want to downgrade. Or is there something against it?

If the upgrade is required, then downgrading the upgrade would also require reverting to an earlier build of Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Re: simplified Catalog Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 07:46:40 AM »
I agree, it is a pain to click multiple times to upgrade each catalog when they all need it.

Please add an "Upgrade All" function, or something similar.