Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Leaf raw files (.mos) support

(1/1)

nicolaasdb:
I posted this in support...but think that this is a better forum to request this.

I love PM and for me to be able to keep using it in my workflow I need to be able to open .mos files.

I hope it is possible to add this feature....Leaf is very supportive in providing information.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: nicolaasdb on May 01, 2007, 02:06:40 PM ---I posted this in support...but think that this is a better forum to request this.

I love PM and for me to be able to keep using it in my workflow I need to be able to open .mos files.

I hope it is possible to add this feature....Leaf is very supportive in providing information.
--- End quote ---

We may do that in the future.  Leaf has indeed provided the information to us.  They even recommended we use DCRAW to render Leaf files.  Unfortunately DCRAW's demosaic algorithm is fairly poor and moreover it is fairly slow.

You said in the other thread that you would want to show previews to your customers, so I'd guess that quality is of some importance.  The open source solutions out there would likely disappoint you.  Writing a RAW converter is just not an easy proposition.  If it were, we would have added it as an option long ago.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version