Author Topic: Sorting via Rating  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sorting via Rating
« on: October 22, 2021, 08:39:21 PM »
Hi,  I thought it would be simpler if I made a screen cast if the issue, I have included a link below.

I am having an issue when sorting by the Star Rating option, the order is not correct, the video will demonstrate this much more abley that I can describe it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jswrdw93jlc5r8/PhotoMechanic_Rate_Sort.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sorting via Rating
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 02:46:28 PM »
Craig,

Thanks for the video.  When sorting by Rating, (and not Reversed) the highest rated images are shown first, and the unrated images are shown last.  When there is a tie in the rating, the images are then sorted by filename in descending order.  When reversed, unrated images are shown first and the highest rated images are shown last.  When there is a tie in the rating the images are then sorted in ascending order.

I suggest that you make a custom sort.  Choose Edit Custom... from the sorting popup menu.  Use {rating} as the Primary sort.  Use {date} as the Secondary sort criteria.  Set the "reverse secondary" checkbox.  Give your custom sort a name that means something to you.  OK the dialog.

You will have to Reverse the overall sort to get the 1-star images to appear before the 2-star images, but you will also now see the earliest shot images first and the later shot images at the end.  (As long as the capture time/date is correct on your images.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Sorting via Rating
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 04:47:53 PM »
Thanks, Kirk

I will give this a go

Craig