Author Topic: Browser position of a selection  (Read 1132 times)

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
Browser position of a selection
« on: November 17, 2021, 04:50:03 AM »
Dear camerabits Team,

maybe it's just a minimal, stupid problem and it's just me:

I select a range of images in the browser to change the metadata with the IPTC template. I usually work from the top down. If I now apply the IPTC template to the selection, the browser always jumps to the first image of the selection afterwards. Due to this, I have to scroll down again for the end of my selection to continue from there.
For me, it would be best if the browser jumped to the last image in the selection or stayed in place.
However, maybe other users see it completely differently.

What do you mean?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Browser position of a selection
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 09:39:44 AM »
Thomas,

I select a range of images in the browser to change the metadata with the IPTC template. I usually work from the top down. If I now apply the IPTC template to the selection, the browser always jumps to the first image of the selection afterwards. Due to this, I have to scroll down again for the end of my selection to continue from there.
For me, it would be best if the browser jumped to the last image in the selection or stayed in place.
However, maybe other users see it completely differently.

What do you mean?

The current behavior is intentional.  We could add a preference.  Choices could be: Make first selected item visible, Make last selected item visible, Do nothing.

-Kirk

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
Re: Browser position of a selection
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 01:32:25 PM »
Hello Kirk,

the possibility of a choice would be great.
Thanks for the suggestion
For me the selection first last selected item, last selected item or nothing would be perfect.

Greetings

Thomas