Author Topic: Option to use Color Labels Only - skip/turnoff "Color Class" metadata fields  (Read 1670 times)

Offline photomy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
It seems that IPTC color label field is more universal relative to other programs. This way PM could read updated color label field written to xmp file from another program and not default to previously used color class data also in same xmp file.  Seems it might be a nice option to select for the use of Color Label metadata only and this color would show up in color bar at bottom of thumbnail in PM.   Hope this makes sense.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
It seems that IPTC color label field is more universal relative to other programs. This way PM could read updated color label field written to xmp file from another program and not default to previously used color class data also in same xmp file.  Seems it might be a nice option to select for the use of Color Label metadata only and this color would show up in color bar at bottom of thumbnail in PM.   Hope this makes sense.

With what application updating the XMP label field is PM not compatible?

-Kirk

Offline photomy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Capture One creates an xmp sidecare file like this:

"<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="XMP Core 5.5.0">
 <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about=""
    xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/"
    xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
    xmlns:photoshop="http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/">
   <xmp:Rating>0</xmp:Rating>
   <xmp:Label>Pink</xmp:Label>
   <dc:rights>
    <rdf:Alt>
     <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Copyright 2016 Thomas Reynolds - all rights reserved.</rdf:li>
    </rdf:Alt>
   </dc:rights>
   <dc:creator>
    <rdf:Seq>
     <rdf:li>Thomas Reynolds</rdf:li>
    </rdf:Seq>
   </dc:creator>
   <photoshop:Urgency>4</photoshop:Urgency>
  </rdf:Description>
 </rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta>
"
Workflow starts with raw file organizing and editing.  PM will not read this Pink label info in which is created by Capture One in the form of xmp side car.  It is ignored. If I do a sync update in PM, it creates a new xmp and erases xmp label info.  I could use Urgency code sync PM label option, however, Capture One label colors are not properly aligned with Urgency code numbers.  I could customize order of colors on PM side to match Urgency codes but it just seems silly.  Why can't xmp color label be the universal standard that everything syncs to and not even talk about urgency codes ?  I am sure the answer has to do something with IPTC legacy or something like that.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Capture One creates an xmp sidecare file like this:

<xmp:Label>Pink</xmp:Label>

Workflow starts with raw file organizing and editing.  PM will not read this Pink label info in which is created by Capture One in the form of xmp side car.  It is ignored. If I do a sync update in PM, it creates a new xmp and erases xmp label info.  I could use Urgency code sync PM label option, however, Capture One label colors are not properly aligned with Urgency code numbers.  I could customize order of colors on PM side to match Urgency codes but it just seems silly.  Why can't xmp color label be the universal standard that everything syncs to and not even talk about urgency codes ?  I am sure the answer has to do something with IPTC legacy or something like that.

Do you have a Color Class in PM called "Pink"?

-Kirk

Offline photomy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Yes for pink color option.  It would be nice to have a single universal color label field that all use.  However, in the mean time I will just make sure I never use C1 to add metadata, and leave this to PM. And, if I match color choices/order between C1 and PM and select PM options Color Label and Urgency Code to sync with Color Class it will work I believe.  Thanks for reviewing.