Author Topic: drag n drop in Windows 11  (Read 1634 times)

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
drag n drop in Windows 11
« on: December 08, 2021, 10:31:42 PM »
Hi,
Searched and read the posts for drag n drop into LR (classic) not working. Thought I would add a new thread related to Windows 11.
JUst bought a new Laptop running windows 11,installed the latest version of PM and LR Classic (exactly the same versions I have on my windows 10 machine).
Checked I had all the settings in LR and PM synchronised but have found I cant drag and drop into L Classic from PM.....I get the circle/diagonal red line when I hover over the LR icon in the desktop tool bar.
I have my preference for extenal editor set to LR and I can 'edit in' from PM which of course brings up the Import dialog in LR and I can import successfully that way.
But muscle memory still wants to be able to drag n drop....
Anybody else know if its windows 11 or LR issue?
thanks in anticipation

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: drag n drop in Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 10:40:53 PM »
oh do-do.....as soon as I posted this I searched "drop and drop windows 11" to find that the bar stewards at Microsoft have removed drag and drop from windows 11.....yikes.
Hoever there is a work around -

1. Drag and Drop in Windows 11 Using Alt+Tab
This is one of the easiest method if you want to drag and drop files in windows 11.

Press, and hold down, the button on the mouse, to “grab” the file you want to drop.
“Drag” the file and press Alt+Tab button. Keep pressing Tab while simultaneously holding Alt and mouse button to navigate between files. Release the Alt+Tab button once you are on the desired location.
Now “Drop” the file by releasing the mouse button.

it does indeed work by opening up a window on your desktop and once you 'release' it opens the usual PM import dialog!