Author Topic: Slideshow displayed on both landscape and portrait monitors simultaneously  (Read 871 times)

Offline michaelhkunze@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
If PhotoMechanic could recognize two monitors and send its slideshow to both of them, I would find such a feature very helpful. This is, because in photography images come in both landscape and portrait formats and I like to see both of them at full size. On the monitor which is setup in landscape format, the landscape images are shown in full size, but the portrait images are only shown at half size and the other half of the monitor remains unused. On my second monitor which is set in portrait format, the reverse is true. However, if the software sends the images simultaneously to both monitors, I simply look at the monitor where the image is displayed at full size (i.e. landscape images on the landscape monitor and portrait images on the portrait monitor).

Remark 1. There is software which does that, for instance gPhotoshow.
Remark 2. Using the Microsoft Photos app, I can run separate copies of it on those two monitors; but they will always be out of sync. Hence that does not work.
Remark 3. A little hardware box called a "splitter" can send identical video signals to two monitors, but only if they are of identical pixel dimensions which means both of them either landscape or both of them portrait but not mixed.

As much as I understand, the software needs to recognize both monitors, so it can send data in appropriate dimensions to them which comes down to resizing images accordingly.