Author Topic: Image/file Size Viewing? PM6plus  (Read 916 times)

Offline Nick Adams

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Image/file Size Viewing? PM6plus
« on: March 07, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »
Any way to see the image file size? I have a stock catalog that I'm putting together. Lots of the file sizes are not showing up in the metadata.
When you highlight an image sometimes it will show up in the path information at the bottom left-hand corner of the window. I have lots of duplicates in the catalog. I am trying to keep the largest, original file and maybe one other adjusted image. Lots of the duplicates have been sized for the web which I do not need. Some of the images are older (back to 2005).

I may have figured it out: the top bar of the enlarged thumbnail view window has size info. I will leave this post in case anyone has a similar issue

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

Nick
PS Using a Mac M1Max running OS 12.2.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image/file Size Viewing? PM6plus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 10:35:21 AM »
Any way to see the image file size? I have a stock catalog that I'm putting together. Lots of the file sizes are not showing up in the metadata.
When you highlight an image sometimes it will show up in the path information at the bottom left-hand corner of the window. I have lots of duplicates in the catalog. I am trying to keep the largest, original file and maybe one other adjusted image. Lots of the duplicates have been sized for the web which I do not need. Some of the images are older (back to 2005).

I may have figured it out: the top bar of the enlarged thumbnail view window has size info. I will leave this post in case anyone has a similar issue

That information can be customized and appears both in the Info pane of the Preview, and the Info Tool Tips in the Contact Sheet when turned on.

Please see: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Info_Panel

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Image/file Size Viewing? PM6plus
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:39:43 AM »
To add, you could also use the {filesize} variable in one of the labels under the thumbnails on the Contact Sheet. You can set these in Preferences: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001145135-contact-sheet-preferences