Author Topic: Reveal in Collections  (Read 818 times)

Offline BrianK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reveal in Collections
« on: March 28, 2022, 12:00:55 PM »
I am seeing an inconsistent problem between my iMac and MacBook Pro. Both using latest update of PM+. I'm not using the program at the same time but the machines are in separate rooms so get used when the other machine isn't in use. Both machines are also up to date with the latest OS - Monterey.
When I view an image from my disk that I know is contained in a catalogue/collection and select 'Reveal in Collections', the dialogue box appears on either machine but on the iMac doesn't show the collection it belongs to! The MacBook is fine and shows okay.
I have looked through all settings including the catalogue ones without any indication of a setting wrongly applied. Although it's not a 'deal breaker', it's most annoying.
Any suggestions from anyone?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reveal in Collections
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 12:10:07 PM »
Brian,

I am seeing an inconsistent problem between my iMac and MacBook Pro. Both using latest update of PM+. I'm not using the program at the same time but the machines are in separate rooms so get used when the other machine isn't in use. Both machines are also up to date with the latest OS - Monterey.
When I view an image from my disk that I know is contained in a catalogue/collection and select 'Reveal in Collections', the dialogue box appears on either machine but on the iMac doesn't show the collection it belongs to! The MacBook is fine and shows okay.
I have looked through all settings including the catalogue ones without any indication of a setting wrongly applied. Although it's not a 'deal breaker', it's most annoying.

Are you sharing the catalog between the two computers?

Can you post a screenshot of what the UI looks like when Photo Mechanic Plus fails to show the collection?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk