Author Topic: A Guide to migrate from Media Pro to Photo Mechanic +  (Read 1082 times)

Offline phrank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • phrank photo/graphics
A Guide to migrate from Media Pro to Photo Mechanic +
« on: April 15, 2022, 01:10:12 PM »
Hi, as said in another post here, I'm thinking about to move from Media Pro to Photo Mechanic+.

Unfortunately the GUI is still rather made for quick culling and annotation work than Digital Asset Management…

Could you please post a migration guide for users like me coming form other Digital Asset Management software. I guess soon many photographer like me need to find an alternative for the abandoned Media Pro too.

It would be great to have some import options to make it easer to import catalogs form Aperture, Lightroom and Capture One (Capture One has). The XMP workaround does't transfer my folder structure and albums. I try to program any kind of smart folder aka snapshots called in Photo Mechanic.
How to get them over best?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: A Guide to migrate from Media Pro to Photo Mechanic +
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 08:25:16 AM »
Hi, as said in another post here, I'm thinking about to move from Media Pro to Photo Mechanic+.

Unfortunately the GUI is still rather made for quick culling and annotation work than Digital Asset Management…

Could you please post a migration guide for users like me coming form other Digital Asset Management software. I guess soon many photographer like me need to find an alternative for the abandoned Media Pro too.

It would be great to have some import options to make it easer to import catalogs form Aperture, Lightroom and Capture One (Capture One has). The XMP workaround does't transfer my folder structure and albums. I try to program any kind of smart folder aka snapshots called in Photo Mechanic.
How to get them over best?

There is no facility for importing data from other apps.

-Kirk