Author Topic: Rename problem  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Rename problem
« on: April 07, 2022, 09:29:53 AM »
Trying to cut a number of superfluous images and have managed to get into a mess. Does anyone know how to select only images with a file name starting 700 and add DSC so it becomes DSC700? The problem is I have created a number of filename with 700 at the start and the same three characters later in the filename. For instance 7007002.

Have been renaming manually but it is becoming tiresome. Tried the online manual but could not work out the solution and do not want to create any more superfluous filenames  ;D

Thank in advance

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 09:46:47 AM »
Frank,

Trying to cut a number of superfluous images and have managed to get into a mess. Does anyone know how to select only images with a file name starting 700 and add DSC so it becomes DSC700? The problem is I have created a number of filename with 700 at the start and the same three characters later in the filename. For instance 7007002.

Have been renaming manually but it is becoming tiresome. Tried the online manual but could not work out the solution and do not want to create any more superfluous filenames  ;D

Can you give me a list of a few more filenames so that I don't give you instructions that produce a new set of superfluous filenames?

I should be able to help you.

-Kirk